Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Beginning

Yesterday, one of my best friends texted me: "The study abroad info is up!" Today, I got around to looking at the BYU study abroad site. There it was, a little link leading to a description for "London Summer 2014". Seven weeks of learning about British history, culture, and politics; of discovering the place I've been dreaming of since I was about five years old. Fifteen years later, the dream is just starting to take shape from the hazy dreamland it's been living in, settled in the back of my mind. It has dates; it has an application. It has an estimated program cost. It has course numbers. It has instructor names. It even has a Facebook page.

To a large extent, the dream still has a lot left to solidify; it's still fuzzy flashes of monuments I've only seen in pictures, accents I daydream over, people I've yet to meet, their faces indistinct in my mind's eye.

But it's starting. This is the beginning. And each day brings me closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment