Thursday, September 11, 2014

More writing

So from this, it may seem like I write a lot of poetry, but in reality, I don't. I usually wax poetic when I'm feeling most intensely emotional. It's usually very sloppy, and I never really go back to edit it at all. I don't put the work I put into other writing into poetry, it just kind of slips out, which makes for a lot of rubbish poetry saved in random places.

In any case, I wrote this one night when I was looking at some pictures and thinking of friends I haven't seen in a while.


I realized today
I have begun
To forget things.

The way you walk,
The color of your eyes,
The sound of your voice,
The things you wear.

I held back tears
As if each one
Held a part of you there
Reminded me
Of those things
I've begun to forget.

I worry if I shed them
They will slicken
The part of you I keep,
And from me
You will be lost.

If the time goes quickly,
When they drop,
You will be there
And catch them,
The things I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment