Sunday, July 7, 2013

June and July

June and July mean...

  • Lots and lots and lots of work. Ten to twelve hour days are pretty normal. Which means I practically live at the Bowling and Games Center, and The Wall, the new restaurant on campus.
  • Summer thunderstorms, which have really been rolling in this week. I love how they just bring a change of pace, and a breath of fresh air (sometimes literally). Plus, I love the rain. It's awesome.
  • Family! Fun times with the sibs (all but one...), the parents, and the nephew. Good times, where I don't have to think about anything else. Plus, seeing extended family!
  • Running my first ever 5K. I am not a runner. Whoever planned that course was not kind (who puts the hill that is 9th East at the end of a three mile run? Seriously). But, I finished. And not even last!
  • Random times with old friends. Like when they come over for dinner, and there's an incident involving a pizza flipping over in the oven, and the fire alarm keeps going off, and we end up laughing about good times. And about the fact that I can't make a pizza, apparently.
  • Saying goodbye to good friends, off on missions!
  • Getting missionary letters. They always make my day. Those kids are the best, and I'm proud of them all.
  • Planning out the next few years. Class schedules, and my major application, and study abroad programs, oh my! Lots to look forward to.
  • Doctor Who marathons, pretty much every night, with my roommate (okay, not really marathons. We usually get about one or two in. Still fantastic.). I'm working on a post about why I'm an anglophile (great word, defined as "someone who greatly admires England and/or English people"), and the lonely Time Lord in a blue box is definitely part of it.
  • My new intern position with MuggleNet, which has been really fun and exciting. Go check out mugglenet.com to see the stories I've written so far!
It's mid summer, and fall will be here before I know it. What else is going to happen before the leaves change?

No comments:

Post a Comment